Friday, July 6, 2012

Short Story: The Only One


I decided to put the whole thing up. Haha, hope you enjoy.

18 year old Onika was your typical teenagar that had her life in order.
Her parents were the top notch lawyers ever in New York City. She went to a prestigious all girls school. She basically got what she wanted, but she never truly experienced what it felt like to be a normal teenager. Going to parties, getting tattoos, drinking, her parents were strongly against it all.

Nicki, whom she was rarely called unless by friends was who she truly wanted to be. She wanted to be who she was as a person, not what her parents expect her to be. In other words her parents wanted her to be a lawyer just like them, but she had dreams of becoming an actress.

Onika hung with a snobby stuck up clique she was with during school, Ashley, Robyn & Taylor.

She was never truely friends with them, they only hung with her for her popularity & attention to boys. Sure they went to an all girl's school, but Nicki knew of alot of boys from high school to college, due to her older brother Jelani & baby brother Macaih.

Even though she never truly fell in love, she was about to realize that it was going to come her way.

It was Saturday & Nicki was just waking up from having some good sleep when she heard a noise in the kitchen.
It alarmed her as she ran downstairs in panic to see what was going on.

In the kitchen stood Jelani, who was just coming out for summer break.
He looked up at a startled Nicki & gave her a light chuckle.

"Guess its a bad time I'm home?" He squinted his eyes.

Nicki laughed as she ran to him. "No! Welcome home Lani!"

He stroked her hair as he whispered to her. "Glad to be home sis."

She pulled away. "What are you doing home so early Lani? She talked as she poured herself a box of Fruit Loops.

"Duh its summer." He jeered.

Nicki laughed. "Yeah I know. I graduate in 2 weeks." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh." He said lowly

"But why so early though? Your usually here on the 3rd."

Jelani hesitated. "You got to keep this between me & you aight?

"Ok, I guess." She shrugged.

"I was offered-Nicki stopped him before he can even say another word.

"Jelani please tell me your not selling drugs. Are you?" She was serious.

"No Onika! He laughed. "Mom & Dad will kill me, but I was offered to go to the LA for a job in engineering. He said excitedly.

Nicki smiled big as she hugged her big bro. "Congratulations Lani! I'm so proud of you. Your finally going after your dreams."

"Yeah I know, you need to do the same thing Nika. Mom & dad has to accept we are not going to be like them in everything. I mean yeah all three of us
is smart & talented in our own way, but that doesn't mean we should stop our dreams to pursue theirs. It's just not happening plus I wanna see my lil sis on the big screen & giving her Oscar speech one day. He smiled.

"Aww how sweet Lani & yeah you kno me." She flipped her hair.p

"Uh uh we ain't got time for your cockiness today Nicki." He was making his way up the stairs.

Nicki poked her tongue out. "Haha, whatever."

He yelled from the top of the stairs.
"Oh yeah, my friend Drizzy is having a house party tonight at his house & he's doing it up big tonight."

Nicki rolled her eyes. "Oh word? Your friend's a player too?"

"I see you got jokes, but he said you & your girls could come. Bring your fine ass friend Ashley too." He winked as he went into his bathroom.

Nicki widened her eyes as she rolled them. "Screw that, I'm calling Candi & Lauren." She ran upstairs to her room.

Nicki was on her IPhone talking to her best friends Candi & Lauren.

"So there's a party tonight? We are totally going & miss Onika your going too." Lauren said seriously.

Nicki exhaled. "Girl I am not missing up on a good party. I'm going." She got up from her bed as she walked to her closet.

"So is his friend cute?"

Nicki was looking through her closet. "I haven't even seen him. He probably some hotshot that likes to hit on all the girls & I ain't got time for that. That nigga Chris still thinks he can get my number." She shook her head.

"Girlll you & your love life...you need a man & you need to get you some."

"Ha! In your dreams, but I don't know. Maybe I could use a date." She shrugged.

"Yeah. So be cute tonight, cause all 3 of us are single & ready to mingle."

"Uh huh all right. See ya later girl." She hung up.

She settled on a hot pink baby doll dress with her jean jacket along with her black pumps."

"Might as well live it up tonight." She looked in the mirror as she applied her pink lip gloss.

Jelani came downstairs in a black fitted tee, gold chain & his Coogi jeans.

Nicki came down afterwards rolling her eyes as he turned around.

"Your lucky mom & dad is away on vacation, otherwise you wouldn't be going to this party."

"Ha! Whatever you say."

They went outside as they got in their cars. Jelani drove a black Mercedes Benz while Nicki had a white Range Rover with #1 Barbie on the license plate.

Once Nicki & her friends got to the mansion, all 3 girls went in jamming to Meek Mill's House Party. They all seen a whole group of boys huddling a circle with one boy in the middle but Nicki could barely see him.

"Lets go get something to drink." Lauren yelled over the music.

"Ok!" Nicki & Candi agreed.

When the song was over the guys all went back to the dancefloor dancing with their dates as Jelani & his friend walked up the stairs as they stared down at the women on the dancefloor."

"Yo there's alot of fine honeys in here tonight. You got Kyra, Maliah, Nelly, Nebby, all the baddest chicks!" Jelani was drinking his drink.

Drake shook his head." They hoes. They fuck niggas just so they can get their money."

"So? I bet they good in that place."

Drake chuckled to himself. "Man you still after Kyra? She's no good for you. You need a bad chick like that one over there." He pointed to where Nicki was.

"Where?" Jelani scanned all over.

"The cutie in the pink dress taking off her jacket." Drake was staring hard.

Jelani smiled before it turned to look of disgust.

"Nigga you talking about her?!"

"Yeah, whats wrong with her?"

"Yo man...thats my sister man!" He punched his arm.

"Well damn, your sister is fine as hell! Sorry man but i'll holla at ya later!" Drake ran down the stairs as Jelani waved him off talking to C.J & Jas.

Once Drake made his way to Nicki, she was alone with the punch in her hand as her girls were dancing with some guys they knew.

Nicki saw Drake & immediately couldn't stop looking.

White tee with a gold chain, Gucci jeans, black Jordans, fresh cut & a killer smile, Nicki knew that he was irresistible.

She bit her lip as he came closer.

"So you're Jelani's little sister?"

"Yep."

He extended his hand." Nice to meet you Nicki."

She blushed. "Nice to meet you too. Whats your name?"

"Drake. My real name's Aubrey, girls call me Drizzy & my friends call me Drake."

"Why don't you like to be called Aubrey?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's better for my mom to call me that or a nice girl that I really like once I get to know her." He licked his lips.

"What if you are looking at her right now?"

"I don't know. See I just met her & already I want to dance with her."

"What if she says yes? Will you let her then?"

"Depends, if we can get to know each other better."

"You call the shots." She smiled.

He grabbed her hand as they went over in the middle of the dance floor when Frank Ocean's "Thinking About You" came on. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he held one arm around her waist while the other held his drink.

"Soo Mr. Drizzy Drake, how old are you?"

"20. You?"

"18." She smiled.

"Ahh I see your legal."

"Pretty much. How long have you & Jelani known each other?"

"For a year now. He's really cool but goofy as hell. He looked irritated when I pointed you out to him though."

Nicki was confused. "Why did you point me out?"

Drake shrugged." Your brother clearly has bad taste in women, & cause I thought you were cute."

Blushing away with from his charm, Nicki looked into his eyes & smiled.

"You think I'm cute?"

He thought it was cute how innocently she said it. "Yes, but now that I'm closer to you, I think you are beautiful."

"Thanks Aubrey." She blushed.

"I see you caught on & your welcome" He smiled.

"Yeah." He leaned down as he gave her a sweet kiss on the lips.

Nicki was totally suprised that it was just their first time meeting & he already had given her her first kiss. A kiss that made her weak & want more, so she pretended to have injured herself.

A painful look etched on her face as she winced. "Oww! My ankle! Oh it hurts so bad!" She was doing really good at pretending.

Drake looked down at her ankle. "Lemme get you some ice." He went to get ice as he picked her up off her feet.

"I'm taking you to my room.".

"Ok." She nodded.

Jelani, Lauren & Candi were too busy in the other room dancing & chatting it up with friends, not seeing Drake carry Nicki upstairs. Only one person did & that was Nebby, who rolled her eyes.

When Drake & Nicki got to his room, he laid her on the bed, as he went to the bathroom to look for some pain pills.

Nicki took off her shoes as she got herself comfortable. She looked around in his room to see numerous trophies, awards & pictures, one with him hugged up with one girl. She assumed that was his girlfriend.

She smiled when he came back in the room.

"Here you go."

"Thanks but I'm good." She gave the pills back to him.

Confusion was all his face could show." Wait, why are you giving these back to me?"

She smiled sheepishly. "I kinda faked hurting my ankle, just so I could get you & me alone."

"Ohh. But why?" He brought her up as she stood.

"Because, you just gave me my first kiss & I couldn't help but to want more. Sorry." She said shyly.

Drake held her chin up to his eye level as he smiled.

"It's fine & I can't believe I was your first kiss though."

"Yeah, me niether. We just met."

"I know but it feels like we've known each other for awhile."

Nicki didn't want to ruin the mood but she just had to ask him about the girl in the picture.

"Who's that girl with you in the picture?

"Oh, thats my ex Jennifer. We went together for 2 years till she cheated on me with my one of my friends. They moved away together a year ago." He sighed.

"Oh I'm sorry." She caressed his cheek.

"Its fine. Her best friend Nebby has been trying to get with me for years now, but I always decline because I don't like her like that. She gets around alot.

"I know what you mean." She laughed.

"Yeah. You ever had a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, but it was never love for us. He basically dumped me when he went off to college to be with his girlfriend. Ever since then, I stopped liking boys. I like men now." She smiled.

Drake raised an eyebrow. "Am I considered to be a man?"

"Hmm it depends, if you can kiss me again, then your definitely a man."

He leaned into her ear. "I can do more then that."

"Oh really? Do tell."

Drake chuckled. "I'd rather show you then tell you."

"Then get to showing Drizzy."

Drake leaned down as he gave her yet another kiss, only this time with tongue. She could tell he was a pro at this from the way he was sucking on her bottom lip.

Drake laid Nicki down on the bed as he kneeled down to lift up the bottom of her dress as he lowered her blue panties off of her.

Nicki couldn't help herself with the way his tongue game had her. She moaned softly as he licked & kissed on her center, making her go crazy.

She moaned softly when she came as he brought her back up while she pulled her panties back up.

"Thanks." She blushed.

"Anytime." He winked.

"I should go now."

"Yeah, but I need your number first."

"Oh right." She grabbed a paper & a pen.

"Here. Call me later?"

"Will do." He winked.

"Jelani & my parents can never know about us."

"Why?"

"Its a long story. I'll talk to you about it when I get out in 2 weeks."

Drake smiled. "Oh you're just getting out of high school?

"No, I go to a prestigious girls school."

"Oh word? My mom is a teacher at one of those schools."

"Really?" She was suprised.

"Yeah."

"Hopefully I meet her someday."

He held her chin. "You will."

Nicki couldn't help but to kiss him herself this time. She pulled away blushing.

"Talk to ya later?"

"Yeah. Ladies first"

She smiled as he let her out of the door to go downstairs as he went down a couple minutes later.

It was 2:00 & the party was just now ending. Lauren & Candi were looking for Nicki the whole night as Jelani, C.J & Jas were looking for Drake.

Nicki approached her friends outside of her car as they nearly jumped out of their skin.

"Girl where the hell you been?!" They both yelled.

"I was upstairs talking to Drake." She said cooly.

"Well whatever ya'll was talking bout must've been real good, considering your ass was up there for a good 2 hours." Lauren shook her head.

Nicki playfully rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Let's just go home."

All 3 girls got into the car as Nicki drove them home.

When Nicki got home, she noticed that Jelani wasn't there, but she didn't care.

She went upstairs to her room as she took a cool shower, stilll smiling about what took place between her & Drake.

Once she got out, she settled for her pink sweatshirt as she grabbed her phone to see Drake calling. She smiled when she heard his voice.

"Wassup Nic?"

"Hey Drake." She twirled at the end of her still wet hair.

"I just want to say that I really enjoyed tonight."

"Me too."

"And I didn't tell Jelani about us."

"Thank god. He's gonna want to know how you went from a player to a guy that I now like."

"You like me?"

"Yeah."

"Good, cause I like you too."

"Aww how cute." She laughed.

Drake looked at his alarm. "Damn its nearly 4 in the morning & I'm still talking to you. I gotta get up early.

"Me too. Talk to ya later. Night Drake."

"Night Nicki." He hung up.

Nicki snuggled with her plush teddy as she drifted off to sleep, dreaming of Drake.



All the other parts are coming soon. Its gonna be 6 parts, hopefully. Comment please. <3










































































































































































































































































































































































5 comments:

  1. Awwwww Look At Nicki ! I Loved This!! Cant Wait For The Next Part

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This was just perfection! I bet Nebby is gonna cause some kind of drama. Hopefully Nicki doesnt end up hurt

    ReplyDelete
  3. CTFU! This was amazing. It was toooo funny when Onik asked Jel if he was selling drugs! Like, no! Lol! Wow. Her and schooling seem to be quite well seeing who her parents are :). That's good for them. Aw, I'm proud of both of them tho! I thought it was cute & cool how Jel knew Aub already! That's what's up. Hahahaa. They ridin' in sttyyleeee! Ion't blame 'em tho! From descriptions, they loooked really hawt! I'm here for Nicki's car and her little #1Barbie. Welcome to my House Party :P. Aubs was looking good himself! Ahh (; hehheee. DEAD @ Aubs talking about those girls but I bet it's true! TAY is my song! Hahah. Aw, Dricki cute seeing eye to eye; feeling each other on the spot! I just love when people talk in a different POV. That was cute! I like when people are just affable <3. Hahahh Nik faking it, smh but at least she told the truth. She did get her some so I guess it all worked out! LOL. He loves to gratify her :). Nice post & thank you! Post sooner than later. Xoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!! can't wait for the next part, post soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Is Soooo Unlike Me. But I Have No idea what to say about this Posst. Butt it iss really amazing an i cant wait for you to Continuee thisss. *Thinkss*
    Lmaaaaao, at Nicki thinking hes selling drugs. And all Girls School? Damnn. That would be Hell for mee. I Need my Men ;) lmaao Jk. But Cant Believe ahe pointed Nic out and Jelani didnt kick hiss ass, :p
    Awww, Their Ownn Dirty Little secret.
    Posst Sooooooon!
    -@Hello_KittyBarb

    ReplyDelete